Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Splendid Sampler Done and Dusted..........a hard decision


 Dia Duit, it was difficult to decide on how to quilt the Splendid Sampler Quilt.It was a huge quilt 84inches square.I settled for an all over design against semi custom quilting. Cost was one of the factors.It pays to have an open mind.The blocks are the feature.
A paisley allover design.


My BBF Julie from JulieKQuilts very kindly made the cup block for me.I love the idea of Julie being part of my quilt.Slan,O'faigh

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Love the quilting on it. Hugs,xx

I am said...

Hi Lynnie oh i love this quilt its so pretty ,Julie's cup block is so cute,cant wait to see it ,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Anthea said...

It's just beautiful O'Faigh, congratulations... you've done so much Splendid sewing to create a stunning quilt! Woo Hoo!
x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

'Tis truly stunning ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

julieQ said...

Just amazing!! I am so proud of your tremendous accomplishment!!

I am said...

Hey Lynnie your background is gorgeous,well done my friend,such a pretty blog xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my goodness that is spectacular - and I do think an all-over quilt design was the right choice, you're right, the blocks are the star of the show. Your quilt is my favorite of all the ones I've seen, just love the colors!

KaHolly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! XO

Susan Smith said...

Just got home & found your blog easy enough. It was lovely meeting you today. Now just need to find some time to take a better look at your posts. Love the sampler quilt shown on this post. Take care.